Monday, February 16, 2009

Big Monday

Pitt at UConn is the big east showdown game of the night, and week, and I am very much looking forward to it. It should be a good game. UConn is loaded, but Pitt is very good as well. Blair may not be as tall as UConn's "big" but he is a load. He uses his body well and has more points and rebounds. Sam Young has also played well this year, and then there is Fields who IMO is the most underrated pg in the nation. He can flat out play, and more importantly, he flat out wins. In saying all of that, at UConn I still think the Huskies will win. But there is a lot of other things going on this week, and things then went on during the weekend, that I want to touch on.

-MSU at Purdue, Big game tomorrow in the big ten. This is a big test for the Spartans, especially if they want to keep their prefect record on the road in tact, at least in true road games. Purdue is a very good team, and playing at home, it should be tough to beat them, if, and that is a big IF, MSU plays their best game, I still think they can win, even at Purdue, but if they don't, Purdue will win. Since I am a MSU fan, I will pick them to win, but I am looking forward to a good game.

NBA All Star weekend:
I will look at other college games as the happen this week, but lets look back right now to ALL Star weekend:
Friday- Kevin Durant is a beast
Saturday- It is just more impressive when a small guy drunk, even with a little help from his hand pushing off, Nate Jumping over Dwight is sick.
Sunday- Oh Kobe and Shaq, Shaq and Kobe, together again. Now everyone can talk about them getting along again, and how great it is, and do you think they really like each other now, is it all fake? I personally don't really care. I love Shaq, he killed it with the Jaba walkies, he just knows how to entertain. He also had a nice game, in only 11 minutes, having 15 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 or 4 assists. But Kobe has 27, I don't know how you make them co-MVP. Oh, yeah, cause Shaq was playing at home, and they thought it would be funny to have them up there together.. lets see what happens. The funniest thing is they were both coached again by Phil Jackson. Who if you ever read his book, you would think there is no way of that happening. Good to see time, or money, can make people forget.

-It was a good all star weekend, and I look forward to the second half of the season. with the trade deadline coming on Thursday, I expect to be talking a little more about the NBA in the next few days, but college basketball to me is still king, and the most important, and most fun to watch. My high school team only as one game this week as well, so that may make it easier to add more post this week about the other things that are happening in the sports world. Have a great week. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: