Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday thoughts

Just a few things that are on my mind right now


-I owe Clemson a big apology, I'm sorry, I really over looked you guys, and you are much much better then I thought. I know it is just one game, and it is at home, but I don't care, if you beat Duke by 27 then you are doing something right. They will not fall off and not make the tournament like last year, they are in, and you know what, they are a good team. Duke also, will be fine

-My Spartans are so much fun. They showed last night the same reason why it is hard to be their fan sometimes, and also why it is great. the game after losing to PSU at home, they come out and beat a ranked Min team by 29. There two big ten losses are bad, both at home, against Northwestern and PSU, who both have a great player, and scorer who went off in the game, but they still sit atop the big ten right now,and I see them as the favorites still. With Purdue's loss to OSU they no longer have two losses, so now it's MSU, and everyone else. I believe 3 teams, Purdue, PSU and ILL with two losses, and then a few more with 4. Wisconsin is not going to make the big dance, but now PSU and Northwestern with a few more wins can actually get in. Michigan and OSU also need to keep wining, MSU, Purdue, and ILL are in IMO and Min will also be in before it's all said and done.

-National signing day yesterday went very well for me. My chippewas got a very strong class for us. It was a big class, with grey shirts and preferred walk ons I believe we are up to 34. That is great, Coach Jones and his staff are doing a great job. MSU also had a very strong class, and maybe their best ever top to bottom. LSU is ranked as the number one overall class, but you really can't tell about these things till two or three years down the line. It is just a fun day, and ratings just give us something to talk about.

-If anyone still watches the pro bowl, please tell me why

-da U took care of bisnas last night as well beating Wake by 27. Wake is very talented, and they are a good team, but they are also a young team, meaning these shorts of things will happen. They will have some great games, and then come out and have some bad games. They will still be a tough out come March, Teauge is the real deal

-Texas lost at home last night to Mizzu. This is a shocked to me, because I do not think Mizzu is that good at all, and the game was in Austin

-They should just give Blake Giffen the player of the year award now, and get it over with

-They should just give OJ Mayo the Rookie of the year award now, and get it over with. I know his team is bad, but he is a flat out stud, he is made for the NBA and can score on anyone.

-Pat Summit goes, again, for her 1,000 win tonight, I really have a feeling this will be the night. Good luck to her and her Lady Vals

-ND last again last night, that's 6 in a row now, to cinci this time, to be fair this is the first game of the 6 not against a team ranked higher then them, but still, these are the games you have to win in the big east. They basically now have one chance to dance, and that's to win the big east tourny, not that they can't do it, but it will be very hard, especially if they are the 11th or 12th seed. NIT here we come.

-My Pistons actually won a game last night, beat the Heat. 93-90. I am just happy when ever they win now. This season is basically a waste. We know they will still make the playoffs, and I, being a stupid fan, still think they have the talent that they can make a run at it, but either way, they were not going to win it all with Billups and this way they clear up a lot of cap space and are still at least a playoff team, instead of waiting too long and getting nothing and being a lottery team for a few years to turn it around. It's rebuilding while still being competitive.

-Big game for my High school that I coach at tomorrow, as we play the two time defending state champs Saginaw high Trojans. They may not have Draymound Green (msu) or Daniel west ( ten) anymore, but they are still loaded with talent. Basically we need to take care of the ball, make a lot of shots ( of course) and find a way to stop dribble penetration ( that's going to be the hard part) But you always like to play those big games against great teams, so it will give us a chance to see what we are made up. we lost at the buzzer on Tuesday, so lets see how we bounce back.

I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: