Monday, February 23, 2009

New Week

It is another Monday,and where a lot of people may be looking forward to big Monday Tonight with G-town vs Louis, and Kansas vs OK, I hope Blake plays, I am worried about our game tonight vs BC Central. A game we should win. Hopefully our guys will come out ready to play, and we will get a nice team victory. Moving on to some things that happened over the weekend that I want to give my two cents on:

- My only hope is Joe D will say enough is enough and either get a coach that can coach, rookie coach with a old team, doesn't work, or he gets the players fired up. I hope that getting killed on national tv will play to their pride and they can turn this thing around. Again, there is no doubt in my mind they will make the playoffs, and the fan in me still thinks they can do something once they get there, but it is looking like more and more of a long shot with each passing game. One other quick note, a good friend and former college roommate of mine has boycotted the NBA, and says he is better for it. He just doesn't watch games anymore. I am thinking about doing something like that, but in stead, I think I am going to try to watch more Pistons games, and support them in this their time of need. They have had a nice run, but the last thing I am is a fair wheat her fan, I am not going to leave when times get hard. I don't watch as many NBA games during the year as it is for a few reasons, I like college basketball more, and with coaching high school, I am gone a few nights a week, and have to follow that as well.

-MSU played a great 8 minutes yesterday to save them from the first 32. Wisconsin was knocking down some 3's, but MSU held in their and got a nice win. I am really looking forward to that rematch with Purdue in E Lansing

-Michigan lost a game that they had to win yesterday. Loosing by 10 to Iowa in OT. watching the highlights, it seems the end of the game did have a questionable call, but no excuse, that is a game you have to win. I really think this makes their only chance to go to the big dance is if they win the big ten tournament, or at least get to the finals. Very bad loss for Michigan fans.

-ILL had a tough win against OSU. Ill is in for sure, and I think OSU will still find themselves in too. In saying that, OSU, like Min, Michigan, and maybe even still Wis, has a lot of work to do. Wis is on the outside looking in for sure, but I guess they still have a small chance. As does PSU.

-OK losses Blake Griffen, on the road, vs a rival, and a good Texas team, they may be disappointing, but they are still good, and still have a 3 pointer with 10 seconds left to tie it. I thought they played very well, and if it wasn't for Aj going off, they would have won. Tonight against Kansas it will depend on one thing, if Blake can play, and play well. But being at home, I still like OK in this game, regardless.

-Maryland's Yellow jerseys must have worked. Great game, and a nice win for them. Maryland is a team you can count on every year to have at least two or three great wins, and two or three bad losses.

-Spring training is here, baseball draft, for fantasy, is coming up in a few weeks, I am looking forward to that, and trying to get in the money again, like I did last year.

-I didn't really follow the combine at all this weekend, too much basketball to watch, but as we get closer I will talk a little about the NFL draft, and will have a mock up sometime before the draft.

I hope everyone has a great week. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: