Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nice win

Michigan got a big win tonight against Purdue, which I think all but gets them in the big dance. They now have 3 top 15 wins, plus if they finish over 500 in the big ten, and get either 19, or 20 wins, they have 18 now, I think they will be in. The one thing they can't do is lose their first big ten tourny game, they need a win there as well. But I think they have done enough to get in. As far as Purdue they of course will be fine, they are a good team, and will be a tough out, they are a sweet 16 lock in my mind, if not farther.

Tiger is out of his first tournament, after his first round win he lost 4 and 2 today. This was a tough one for him to come back to, we this format, normally you can have a bad round and be ok, in match play, you could shoot 6 under, and if the guy you are playing shoots better, you are done. Something tells me Tiger will be fine.

Did you hear Arod homered in his first game, seriously, it's preseason, everyone clam down, and relax. It's spring training, who cares, it's Arod he will have a good year, you know, until when it matters

MSU did not look great against Iowa last night, I didn't like how they didn't put them away, and it basically just stayed a 8-12 point game the entire way. I really do think MSU can make a run, mainly because of coach Izzo, but they need to play better. I am really looking forward to that game against Purdue at home, on either the 7th or 8th. I don't think MSU will make the final four, though they can, but I do think at least elite 8, sweet 16 at the worse, depending on match ups

Marquette had a big loss last night, not only did they lose at home for the first time, which against Uconn is not the worst thing, but they lost their best player and 4 year starter at pg in D James. I like James a lot, and it is too bad that his college career is going to end like that, with a broken bone in his foot. He had a great career and I wish him well in the NBA. I think he will be ok, but never a great star, but he was a great college player. It basically in my mind makes them go from a elite 8 type team to a team depending on match ups could be done in the second round. They still have talent, but there is no way you take him out and you still can play just as well.

Ill also had a nice win tonight against Minn. Minn really needs to get some better wins, they seriously may be in trouble, I think they will still be in, and they did beat Louisville, but they need some wins.

It was just reported on ESPN, that Manny has turned down his newest contract offer. 2 years, 45 million. Let me be clear about something, in no time of my life will I ever, and I mean, ever, no matter what turn down 45 million dollars. I don't know what he is waiting for, if they really think a new team is just going to jump in now with a 4 or 5 year deal they are crazy. I wonder how much of this is Manny and how much of this is the evil Scott Boris. I am sure he is going to play, he is too good not to, and in fact, I am all but positive that he will in LA. So just sign. The only reason why it isn't that big of a deal, is because, it's Manny, it's not like he would have reported to spring training yet anyway, and if he had, it's not like he would be working hard or anything.

Ok, that's enough for now, time for bed. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: