Friday, February 27, 2009

busy day.. lets try to keep up

It's been a busy day in sports, so far, lets talk about some things...


first real quick, since I forgot to say it last night. My favorite hockey player by far Mr Brodeur came back last night, and in his first game since mid November had 24 saves and a shout out in a 4-0 devils win, that is great to see.


Now, moving on to TV, of course NFL free agency hit... so here we go.

Big Albert got it started right away with his 7 year 100 million dollar deal with the skins. I don't like this because now my Giants have to play him twice a year and he is a load. This makes them a better run defense, and really totally defense, just like that. They also resigned D Hall for 45 million, so they have their shout down cb as well... but until they do something to help their offense, I am not too worried

Kellen Windslow, better known as a fucking solder, was also traded today to TB. This is an interesting move. He is a good player when he is on the field, but that doesn't happen all the time. I think the Browns wanted to get rid of him because he is a bit of a ego, and distraction.

Fred Taylor has signed with the Pats, making them even better. They are just sick, they always do this. Find a veteran that a team throws away, that still has something left, the Pats sign them and make them in to a pro bowler again.

I just saw Kerry Collins has signed back with the Titans, the post doesn't say how long, I am guessing it is either one or two years. This is a smart move for them, he still has a strong arm, and he knows how to not lose games

Bart Scott will be following his old D cord to the Jets, he has signed a multi year deal, for around 8 million per. He is a stud LB, that will help their defense out a lot, as they go 6-10 next year.. if not worse.. depending on if they do anything about their qb spot.

I guess the Viks think that Sage is the answer at qb.. I respectfully disagree with that.

The Pats also dealt veteran LB Mike Vrabel to KC. This one doesn't make sense to me on KC side because they are clearly rebuilding, and you don't rebuild with 33 year old LB. But I guess you do need some veteran leaders in your locker room, so there you go. For the Pats, they just free up some more money.

There were other deals that I don't feel like talking about, or I don't know enough about them to talk about, so I will quickly move to one other thing

The Celtics signed Starburry and he may even play tonight. I wonder how he is going to take being a backup. Here is the question, does he want to win, and will accept his role, or will he blow up the team because of his ego, because in his mind, he is still a top 5, well, he thinks top 3, or even the best, pg in the NBA. I think this all but dooms the Celtics and the Cavs, sadly, will win the east. I wish my Pistons would play like the talent they have, but they way it is going right now, I am not holding my breath. Just wait, Marburry will become Starburry and ruin that team. I know a lot of people will say their locker room is strong enough, and they will get him in line, and I am sure that will be the company line, and he will be a good little solder for awhile, but just wait. The Celtics will not make it to the NBA finals now

Quickly bringing it back to college basketball, and I didn't see these games, just the high lites, but Zona had a bad loss last night to WSU. That hurts their big dance chances, a lot. Washington also had a big win vs ASU. Washington is not a bad team, as I have mentioned before. UCLA beat Stanford, not a surprise, and Cal also had a big win over USC in OT, which is a bad loss for USC and their hopes to get in. In other conferences, Memphis got another conference USA title by beating UAB on the road, and holding their best player scoreless. Gonzaga got a nice road win vs the university of Steve Nash, X got another conference win, as did Butler. And in the big east Cinci got a nice home win vs Huggy Bear and WVU. WVU is still in, at least I would be surprised if they are not, but now Cinci is right there in the talk too. Since the big east does get a lot of love, but I personally don't think Cinci should get in, their big east wins are to st john's twice, depaul, rutgers, ND, and g-town, so basically, the bad teams, besides this win to WVU, and ND isn't bad, they just are not as good as people thought, like g-town, depaul, st john's and rutgers are bad, and they have seaton hall and south fl left, which should be wins.. and cuse next, if they win that, maybe, but in non conference they have no good wins and they lost to fsu, memphis and X. They best win might be UAB or Miss State, either very good.. so right now.. I have them out But there is a lot of work left to be done, and I can't wait to watch and see what happens.

I think that is all I wanted to talk about. for now at least.. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: