Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just some thoughts

The world may be coming to a end... why do I say this.. because S Telfair had 30 points and 8 assist the other night.. yeah, I know.. got to love the NBA. Also Ramon Sessons and his 11.8 ppg average had 44 against my pistons.. super. Here are some other things I want to quickly touch on.... note to all.. I have been drinking a good amount of crowd tonight, so take that for what it's worth.


-The Pistons lose by 4 tonight to the Spurs, they played better, because AI was actually aggressive and took shots and had 31, if I remember right. I love shed, but down one with 11 seconds to go and you take a step back 19 feet footer, doesn't seem like the best shot. especially over the arms of Tim Duncan, one of the best.. if not the best, pf of all time. Maybe you keep the ball in AI's hands and let him create, have him get to the basket... just a thought.. again, I love shed, I have 6 shed jerseys, but that was not a very good shot down one at that point of the game, especially when AI just went right by Tony Parker the last time you had the ball to give you a one point lead before the Spurs came back to take the lead. Then down 3 with 5 seconds to go, AI is the one taking the 3, he is shooting 28% or so from the 3 point line... basically I would rather have shed take that 3 at the top of the key, and the play before AI get to the basket.... But, I am a piston fan, and I will remain a piston fan. Yeah this year hasn't been good, ok, it has sucked so far, but we had a nice run, for about 7 years, and the future still looks good. Stuckey will be a great pg in this league imo, and we will have 35 Million under the cap to work with this summer. We will still make the playoffs, because the east's depth is so bad, and who knows, if Curry actually figures it out by then, we could still do some damage. The problem is, most rookie head coaches take over young teams. Curry takes over a veteran team, who will flat out not listen to you, if they think you don't know what you are talking about. Curry is more there friend then coach, they don't respect or listen to him. Why do you think during that entire run that the pistons had, where they won 50+ games, were either the one or two seed, and got to the ecf every year for 6 years, that the only time they won a title was under Larry Brown.. Because maybe they didn't like him, but they respected him enough to listen to him. I still think they can make some noise in the playoffs.. because I am a fan, and I am blinded by my love. But either way, they will be back, and continue to be a top team in the east.

-Purdue kicked the crap out of MSU on Tuesday, now because of my coaching, I didn't see it, but give Purdue credit, they are a good team, and I am telling you, they are going to be a tough out come March. This just all but sets up a game to close the reg. season in e Lansing for the big ten title... I may just have to go to it.

-The Trade deadline came and went today and nothing really big. I thought the bulls and kings both made some great moves, and the blazers and thunder tried to. The Rockets wanted Aaron Books to be the guy, and now he can be, and the Magic found their Nelson replacement, for the rest of the year. A lot of little moves, but none that I want to touch on.

-Can all the people saying the Suns are back because they put up 140 and then 142 on back to back nights in their first two games under Alvin G please shut up. It was against the Clippers, both games, and both games they were without camby, my boy CK, and basically Zack, though that was his fault. They basically had two layup/dunk drill games in a row. Will they win some more games playing this way, yes.. will they get any farther in the playoffs, no, because in a 7 game series it still comes down to stopping people, and they still can't.

-My Chippewa basketball team got a great win last night, beating NIU by 19. With all the injuries we have had this year, our starting 4 and 5 done for the year, the 5 before the year started, the 4, very early, we are still only one game out of the mac west.... note.... the mac is really bad, and the mac west, is even worse then the mac east. We have to win our last two conference home games, emu and Toledo, very doable, and if we can steal either bsu or wmu, I would prefer western, we have a chance. I really like the way we are going. We are moving forward as a program. It will take some time, that happens, when you win 3 games the year before a new staff comes in, but in year 3 you can see this team really buying in, and they are starting to win games, that we never would have, and getting players to come here, who we would never get... now we just need to get some fans out to the game to suppor them.

-Sticking with CMU real quick, and I know no one cares.. but just in case someone does read this that knows.. or if you are from Kent state. Congratulations. Tonight KSU beat CMU wrestling, that is number #23, I think, beating #7 in the nation folks.. yes my alma mater is #7 in the nation in wrestling, in a year that we lost 4 all Americans and have 7 new starters.. anyway. Like I was saying KSU beat CMU in wrestling 18-14 to win the MAC regular season title. Why would I mention this, because CMU has won the last ten, yes TEN, regular season titles. We still can win the tournament title, but for this year the regular season title belongs to the golden flashes. So good job, you guys earned it, you came in to rose area and you won, fair and square. This was the year to get us, and you did. I do think it is great for the MAC, it helps the other teams, in improving the entire conference as a whole. And even though we are a top ten team, and beat the likes of mizzu, Michigan, msu, Leigh, and other wrestling powers, this year, the mac, at least, regular season, title is yours.

I don't have anything that I want to add right now, so I will end this here, I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: