Sunday, February 1, 2009

quick thoughts

The super bowl was a good game, of what I saw of it. I honestly did not watch the entire thing, I really just caught some of the first half, and then the last 5 minuets. I really am bitter about the Giants not being there.. But now it is over and I can start to focus on the draft, and next year. I was close with the score, for the Steelers at least, I had 24-14, and they had 27. In a text I sent out before the game, I said it would be 27-17, so I had their score right in that text, cause that is what I thought I picked, but I guess I didn't think it would be high scoring, I am just glad it was a close good game, and like I said, now we can move on to the draft. But before I do that, we still have National Signing day on Wednesday. CMU has a nice class so far, so it looks like it should be a great day to be a Chippewa, as all days are. My high school team is up to 8-4, even though we didn't play well on Thursday and our best player, the best player in the state IMO, and many others, had a bad game, 21 and 9, bad for him, but a win is a win. We have two big games this week, both at home, so hopefully we will be ready to go.

In college basketball I love MSU, and they are doing well this year, but they have two big ten losses and they are to PSU and Northwestern, and both at home. ( they beat both of those teams on the road this year) Both of those teams are better, and they both have two great scorers but come on. You need to save some losses for at Wisconsin, even though they are struggling right now, or at Purdue, don't waste them at home vs PSU and Northwestern. Now of course they will be fine, they are a lock to get in to the big dance, and still have just as good a shot as anyone to win the conference.. it is either going to be them or Purdue. But you can't give games away like that. Also real quick, the fact that Manny Harris got ejected from the game yesterday is one of the worst calls I have ever seen in my life. I don't even think it was a foul, you teach players to do that, face the pressure, turn and face, be strong with the ball, he caught and turned, you get a elbow in the face, oh well, maybe they will think before sticking their nose in their.. that is just a good basketball play, if anything it is a defensive foul, for a block, not giving him room to turn.. but it should have been a no call, if anything just a foul. Michigan was outscored by 20 when he was thrown out, and lost by 18, I wonder if that had a factor on the game. I don't even like Michigan, but it is wrong for a refs call to have that much impact on the game. Someone said, and I agree, the reason why he was thrown out was because of the Novack elbow in the OSU game, and the refs wanted to stop any physical play. I agree with that, but what happens in the last game should not effect how you are calling this one. Bottom line, he caught the ball, and squared up, he did nothing wrong.. nothing


But I move on. I am really looking forward to the rest of the college basketball season. I think UConn is going to get a shot at number one, I want to say they play Louis tomorrow on Big Monday, that should be a fun game. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: