Thursday, March 5, 2009

Big 12 bubble

This will be the first part of my series on the NCAA tournement as selection sunday is a week and a half away.


In the big 12, there were some big games last night. Texas Tech beat Kansas and Mizzu beat OK. Now I am still not sold on Mizzu but they are undefeated at home, and there only two non conference losses are to X and ILL, they have also beaten kansas, OK and texas, so they may be better then I thought. I still don't think they are going to the final four or anything.. but depending on matchups they could be one of those teams that losses in the first or second round, or gets to the elite eight.


Anyway, Kansas, OK, Mizzu, and Texas are in... the question... will anyone else from the big 12 get in?

OK state is 20-9 and 9-6 in conference. But they don't really have a big win. The closest one they have is Texas at home, which is not a great win, but a good win. They also have a big chance for one on saturday when they play at OK. If they win that, they are in for sure. They may already be in, but I don't think they should be, especially this year where the Big east, ACC, and I think big ten, all have much better conferences top to bottom then the big 12 and a strong case to get more teams in. They did beat a good siena team and lost in that same tourement to msu and gonzaga and then lost at washington, which has turned in to a much better team then thought of at the time... I just don't see them as a tourement team, I think any of the big east, acc or big ten bubble teams could beat them in a nutrual site game.

Texas A&M- The other team in the big 12 that has a shot is 22-8 and 8-7, they have Mizzu at home on Saturday and I think they need to win that if they have any chance of getting in. Even if they do, I don't think they should get in, besides beating Arizona and maybe if I am feeling nice I will give them beating Bama on the road, they have no other good wins. They did spilt with texas and ok state, but only played Kansas once, and come Saturday will be there one game vs Mizzu.. If they lose, I don't see any chance, unless they win the big 12 tourement of course, which they will not do, so I say they will not be in.


Big 12- 4 locks.... maybe OK state, but they need to win at least a game or two in the big 12 tourement.. I will admit, THIS YEAR, I don't have a lot of love for the big 12, and would only put those 4 teams in.


Real quick the WBC started today, at 4:30am Japan vs China. I did not set an alarm r anything, I am not that crazy, but my daughter did wake up just after 6am, so I was able to watch a lot of it. Japan did not play as well as they would have liked, since China is by no means a power house, but they got a nice 4-0 win, and they will be throwing dice K in their next game. Also for me, CMU did win their last home game last night, by 15 against Toledo, and played the best first ten minutes I have seen from that team in a long long time, the middle twenty wasn't good, but the last ten was great again, and we got a nice team win. It is always nice to send the sr's out with a W. Just so much going on right now... trying to keep up. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: