Monday, March 16, 2009

I wish I had time

I wish I had time to get in to it more right now, but I have a regional semi final game 3 hrs away today, so I need to shower and get ready to go, but I did want to quickly say some things about the big dance. First, I will be doing a region by region break down of every 1st round game, who I am wining and why, and then predict the rest of the field. I will be doing that tomorrow, since I will be getting back too late tonight, after the game, I am just going to bed. About the selection, for the most part the teams got in that should have, and have the seeds they should have, or at least close enough to them. The biggest problem is, as you will hear maybe people continue to say until the games start, is Zona. I have no problem with them, I like a few of their players, but they should not be in. I would argue the only reason that they are is because of their name, and the streak of consecutive tourney's that they have going. If you take their name away and place their resume next to St. Mary's or Creighton's, Zona's is not better. Of course saying that, they are now picked to beat Utah and are the favorites in that game, being a 12 against a 5. I just wish Patty Mills and Steph Curry was in the big dance, that is what people want to see. Why do we need 6 teams from a down pac 10? USC, Miss State, CSU, and Temple all wining their conference tourneys did steal bids, from I would bet, PSU, St. Mary's, Creighton, and I am sure there was a lot of teams ahead of Davidson, like Auburn, SD State, for example, but they were who I wanted to get in. But all in all, I am ok with the field. I do love how a 3 seed in Nova gets basically a home game in Phili, and the big east gets 3 number one seeds.. wow, lets try to stack the deck in their favor a little more. Another question, do UNC and Duke ever have to play their first two games outside of NC. I mean, wow, that must be great. I am really looking forward to the big dance, and full predictions will come tomorrow, I have already done them, I try to do them quick, before I talk myself in and out of games, but I just don't have the time to do it now. Up north I go. go Oilers, I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: