Friday, March 27, 2009

The day is almost here

The sweet 16 is in full swing, and the Big east is dominating. Showing that their top teams are also some of the top teams in the nation, that is not surprising really to anyone. The fact doesn't change though that in the 16 team league there is still some bad teams, like at least 5 of them, plus another 4 that are not all that special. But no question the big east is the best conference, no question about it, and though I look forward to watching the games tonight, and the elite 8 games on Saturday and Sunday, there is something else that I am looking forward to. Tomorrow, is a very big day, as it is a baseball draft for a ten team league. Last year I was able to make it to the finals, what will be in store this year. I would like to add right now, I think there will be times this year, where I write in this blog articles about that fantasy league, and I will write it as if it is very important, and real, because, well, it's a lot more fun the more serious you take it. I believe I will start right now.



The 2nd draft of the CMU keeper league will be taking place tomorrow in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. Due to certain things, like jobs and living out of the state, a few members will not be able to attend this live draft, and will be joining the event via the Internet, and a AOL chat room. Two teams will not be able to make it at all. One of them is The Legends, managed by Greg Morris, who in his first year in this keeper league has picks 1, 4, 5 and 9, of the first ten, but will be pulling the famous, change the draft date for me, so I can make it, oh wait I can't move. In talking with Greg he admits of his wrong doing, and swears this will never happen again, time will tell. The last team that will be drafting without them tomorrow is Cuban Raft Riders, mongered by the man simply known as Rizzo. He will be trusting the commish to draft his team. It should be noted, he did win last year. There will be a few other teams joining us via the Internet, they include Cunt Ass and Dick, witch can only be the name thought up by Phil Marrone, Off in the Woods, managed by first year manager Toph, and lastly joining us online with a guy named Matt, that we just call Brem, and his team capsize in my thighs. The teams that will be there is last years runner up, pumps me up, lead by Steve Schwanda, Party train, led by the commish Rob "party" potter, alpha kappa gangster, mongered by Dom, Arod is innocent mongered by Buddy C, and lastly Ball Bashers and their manager Chaz will be making the trip to Mt. Pleasant for the draft. This was under great debate during the week, and at first Chaz was not planing on it, but after some thought, and maybe someone trying to talk him in to it, it was first reported by the Ovid else times, and then confirmed my the Lansing state journal that Chaz will be in town. So the 10 team draft will have two men who are letting others draft for them, 5 man in person, and the other 3 joining us online. Should be a great time. Stay tuned to the Schwanda sports blog all year for continuing coverage on year two of the CMU keeper league. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: