Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What a great time of year

This is one of the best times of year for sports. The next few weeks are my favorite time of year. You have conference tournaments first, which are great, especially in the one bid leagues, because the teams play so hard, and with so much passion and emotion, since they know that is the only way they are making the big dance. That is how it is with my school, CMU, and the MAC. It really doesn't matter what you do during the season, you win, and you're in, it's as easy as that. Hopefully the Chippewas will win in their last home game tonight vs Toledo. They have had a few tough losses in a row, and need to get a W. Then they have the big rival game at western on Sunday. So hopefully they can be playing their best ball in the next two weeks. They have had a tough year, loosing two starters, and then the guy who would have been our star recruit for next season thought he should hold up a dice game in the bathroom of his high school.. with a gun.. so, no more free school for him, and we have another spot to fill. It's just sad, that a young man with that much individual talent who has a chance to get out of a bad situation, and go to school for free, play d1 basketball while getting a degree throws it away like that.. sad story.

Speaking of sad story, the coast guard has called off the search in FL for the 3 remaining football players, two who were in the NFL. It was said their families would continue the search today on their own, but you can't like their chances with how many days the three men have been missing. My thoughts and prayers are will the families of all 3 of these men, and their friends. Also a speeding recovering for the one young man that was found.

With MSU's win last night at IU they have clinched the big ten, outright, and coach Izzo will shave his head.. after the season. He promised his student section that he would if they won the big ten, and he is a man of his word... That will be funny. he is a great coach, and a wonderful man. I have had a chance to meet him, and talk to him a few times,and it is hard not to come away impressed.

There has been a few more football moves, but none that I want to talk about right now, maybe as the season gets closer I will, or as the draft gets closer I will spend more time on the NFL

The Devils won again, they are playing much better as of late.. getting a hall of fame goalie back will do that for a team.

The main reason that I have not talked about more of the NFL moves is because this time of year is all about basketball for me. So after college basketball is over, then I will start doing more NFL stuff, and draft mocks. Baseball is also coming fast, so my predictions will be coming soon as well.. but I also want to do conference by conference bubble watches. I hope to star the first one today... it's just a busy time, and I am trying to keep up, but my daughter likes attention too, as does my wonderful wife. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: