Wednesday, March 18, 2009

NCAA Predictions-West region

Now lets look at the West region.

1st round:

1) Uconn vs 16) Chattanooga- um, Uconn will win, by a lot, next.

8) BYU vs 9) Texas A&M- Another game where you could literally flip a coin. I went with BYU, but I am not that confident about that.

5) Purdue vs 12) N. Iowa- N. Iowa is not bad, but Purdue is a very good team, and they are healthy now, they will be a tough out.

4) Washington vs 13) Miss State- Miss State had to win their conference tourney to get in, and now they get the pac 10 champs, and if they win that, they get the big ten tourney champs.. what a reward. Washington is wining. I like Brockman and Pointdexter.

6) Marquette vs 11) Utah State- I feel bad for Marquette playing without James, even though they still have lots of talent and enough to make a run. However, to win these things you have to take a couple of chances and hope they pay off for you. Chance one, that I am taking.. Utah State wins this game.

3) Mizzu vs 14) Cornell- Unless a quiz bowl breaks out during the game, Mizzu will win.

7) Cal vs 10) Maryland- I could see either team wining, but I like the turtles in this one.

2) Memphis vs 15) CSU Northridge- Memphis wins by 20, next.

2nd round:

1) Uconn vs 8) BYU- Uconn is still too good and too deep to lose this one.

5) Purdue vs 4) Washington- Purdue makes the sweet 16, watch out, they are good, I'm telling you.

11) Utah State vs 3) Mizzu- Back to the hole taking a chance thing. Utah State wins this game, no really. I have not been sold on Mizzu all year, and I am still not, I like Utah State to make the sweet 16, you heard it here first.

10) Maryland vs 2) Memphis- Memphis may have lost a lot from last year, but they have plenty back, at least enough to beat the turtles.

sweet 16:

1) Uconn vs 5) Purdue- I would love if Purdue would win this game, but I think Uconn still have enough talent to win. I am really worried about them slipping up and just having a bad game, because they have shown that they do that, but if they play their best Uconn is wining this game.

11) Utah State vs 2) Memphis- The run has to end, and it ends here. Memphis wins, but I must say, I am a little worried about Memphis' youth.

elite 8:

1) Uconn vs 2) Memphis- The youth would be why I am picking Uconn to win this game, and make it to the final four. Again I am worried about this, I really think a team like Purdue, or even Mizzu, because of their press could make it out of here, I am just not sold enough on either.

I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: