Monday, March 2, 2009

So much to get to

Wow, a lot has been happening. I really want to touch on all of it, but it is hard to keep up, so I will just say some things now, as they come to me, and then later on finish what I don't get to now.

Cassell going to the Chiefs now makes that Verbal move make more sense, since it was both players for the 34th overall pick. Even one more reason that the Lions made a bad choice in their GM. If they hired Scott P, then they trade with NE and they get Cassell for the 33rd pick, and then they have a qb that can play right away, and then they can draft curry at number one, and get either the best OL left at 20, or another defensive player, who would most likely start. In saying all of this, I really don't think Matt Cassell is this great qb who is worthy of a top ten pick, like some people, talking heads on epsn, mainly Skip Bayless, who of course, is a idiot, but he is a better qb then KC had, so it is a upgrade. I really just think he is a product of the great system and team in NE. I really don't think he is going to do that well.. but I have been wrong before.

My Giants have been a little busy with getting Boley, Bernad and Canty to improve their defense, at both the LB and DE spots. The D line is not a spot of weakness at all, so this just makes it stronger. Boley I think will have a good chance to start and help us out a lot. Rocky Bernard just adds more depth to their D line as a big strong DT. I like what they are doing. Though it was reported that the team declined D Ward's deal, I wonder how much money he wanted, he is not necessary since Jacobs has already resigned, but I would love to still have him. A true number one wide out is still their biggest hole.

I love Shaq having this new life and playing like the Shaq of old, but as much as I love Shaq, you have to admit, it isn't going to last. It is great that he can score at will against the Clippers and Raptors, and then Paul Gasol and who ever else tried to stop him yesterday, but he isn't going to be able to do it the rest of the year. He is still a force, and with his size can help a team, but he can no longer be a teams best player, for the entire year, and have that team be a contender. They are not even in the playoffs as of today.. relax.. I do love him though, he is great.

My Pistons got another big win yesterday, without AI. This time beating the Celtics in Boston... that's the magic and celtics back to back both on the road. Yeah KG didn't play for the Celtics which means more to them then AI not playing for the Pistons, but that is a good win... The problem with that, it just gets my hopes up even more... it makes me say... see, they do have the talent, if Curry every figures out how to coach, as long as they are in the playoffs, they can still beat anyone in a 7 game series. They can get back to the eastern conference finals..... now, looking at it smartly, that is a very very big long shot, because they have the bad, well terrible, mix of a old team, with a rookie coach, who wants to start a 2nd year pg. Stuck will be a very good player someday IMO, but he should not be getting minutes with the game on the line over RIP. All this is doing with AI out is now RIP goes back to starting and everyone knows their roles. They know who is going to get the most minutes and they know who is going to be out their in the 4th.. I really think the same thing would have happened is Stuck was out. But I have heard that when AI does come back it will be on the bench, witch I am fine with, I just don't know how he will take it. I still think when everyone is 100% Stuck should be the 6th man. It isn't his time yet.

Lots have been happening in college basketball as well, as it always does around this time of year. There is a lot I want to get to, but I do need to get going and get ready to go to practice.. so for now all I will say is, congratulations to MSU for clinching the big ten reg. season title yesterday at ILL. That was a big win. They are a lot better team then people outside of the big ten give them credit for. Mainly because they play hard, good defense and they have one of the best coaches in the nation. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: