Wednesday, March 18, 2009

NCAA Predictions-Midwest region

Here we go, it's that time, I will go region by region, all in different post, just to keep them shorter and easier to follow.

1st round:

1) Louisville vs 16) Morehead State- Congrats on Morehead for beating Bama State last night, but they are not beating Louisville, no way, moving on.

8)OSU vs 9) Siena- This is a game were I really thought about flipping a coin, I could see either team wining this. Siena is a very good team, and I am going with them, but I will not be shocked at all if OSU wins.

5) Utah vs 12) Zona- Zona shouldn't have made the tournament, and they are favored as a 12 seed against a 5. Utah is a good team, but Zona does have a lot of talent, and I am picking Zona to win.

4) Wake vs 13) CSU- Wake will win, that is really all I have to say.

6) WVU vs 11) Dayton- Dayton isn't a bad team, but I like WVU to make a little run, more on that later.

3) Kansas vs 14) ND State- ND State isn't bad, they have a good guard and made a great comeback to beat Oakland in the conference finals, but they will not beat Kansas, sorry.

7) BC vs 10) USC- I like the way USC is playing right now, and even though Rice is a beast for BC and you need a great guard come march, with gibson, hackett and now dozer all playing well USC will win this game.

2) MSU vs 15) bobby Morris- MSU will win, no question about it, they are too deep and too talented and too well coached to be one and done.

2nd round:

1) Louisville vs 9) Siena- as much as I would love to have Siena win, they are not going to. Louisville is too deep, too well coached and too talented.

12) Zona vs 4) Wake- I need Wake to win this game, and they will. Wake is young, which scares me a little, but they are so talented, they will at least get to the sweet 16.

6) WVU vs 3) Kansas- It's March, so you know I can't go all chalk. I like WVU to win this game. I am not that sold on Kansas, they just lost too much from last year, they are playing better then they were in the start of the year, until their lost in the big 12 tourney, but I like WVU to make the sweet 16.

10) USC vs 2) MSU- MSU will win this game, because they are on a mission, they are deep, and they have experience. I am a little bit of a homer, more on that later, but I truly believe they are a good team, and have the right mix of talent and experience to make a run at this thing.

sweet 16:

1) Louisville vs 4) Wake- This is where Wake is just too young, and a year away yet. They have the talent to win this game, but not the experience, Louisville is on to the elite 8.

6) WVU vs 2) MSU- WVU run ends to a team that is deeper and more talented, plus wants to make the final four in Detroit.

Elite 8:

1) Louisville vs 2) MSU- Here is where my bias really comes in. I have MSU wining this game, and yes they are a good team, I would even admit Louisville may be a better team, but if they are here, and are one game away from the final four in Detroit, they will find a way to win. MSU to the final four.


I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: