Wednesday, March 18, 2009

NCAA Predictions- South region

One more region to go, the south... so, lets do it.

1st round:

1) UNC vs 16) Radford- I liked Radford when I saw them play, they have a couple nice big guys and I liked their chances to maybe slow down a game and beat someone, then they get a 16 vs UNC, and that was out the window. No Lawson, no problem, rest him, and they will still win by 20.

8) LSU vs 9) Butler- I like Butler in this game, mainly because I am not sold on LSwho at all, and the SEC, besides I guess my Tenn pick to the elite 8, man that was dumb. Butler finds a way to win.

5) Ill vs 12) WKU- Western Ken is a good team, and without Fraser I am worried for the ILL. But I think they can find a way to win one game, I hope.

4) Gonzaga vs 13) Akron- Normally I go for MAC love, in this case it is easy not too. I have Akron number one, and number two, the only two teams I like more then the Zags are MSU, and of course my alma mater CMU. Go Zags beat the zips.

6) ASU vs 11) Temple- It is hard not to cheer for Xmas, but I like ASU, and I think they are going to win.

3) Cuse vs 14) Stone Cold SF Austin- I am not a big cuse fan at all, in fact, I hate them, but they are wining this game.

7) Clemson vs 10) UofM- Yeah, big blue is back in the dance, first time since 98, and are they going to be one and done. Of course not, one, I am not sold on Clemson at all, since they do the same thing ever year, start like 15-0 in non conference cause they play no one and then they lose once the ACC starts. At one time this year they were in the top 7 in the nation, now they are a 7 seed in their region, also, Michigan plays a different style with their 1-3-1 zone and coach B's teams normally do well in the tourney, they find a way to get this one. Michigan wins.

2) OK vs 15) Morgan State- Blake Griffen and W Warren could win by themselves. OK wins easy.

2nd round:

1) UNC vs 9) Butler- I like Butler, but not this much, UNC should win without much problem, again, with or without Lawson.

5) Ill vs 4) Gonzaga- Go Zags Go. Ill really will miss Fraser here, and the Zags will win. They are really talented this year, they have a inside and outside talent, they have size, shooters, athletes, really everything you want.

6) ASU vs 3) Cuse- Harden and ASU beats Fylnn and Cuse.. I told you, I don't like cuse.. I also really think making that run will hurt them, maybe not physically but mentally.. think back to 2006, they made a run similar, minus the 7 total OT, to win the big east tourney when they wouldn't have gotten in at all if they didn't and what happen... oh yeah they lost in the first round. ASU to the sweet 16.

10) UofM vs 2) OK- If I was going for the team I am cheering for I would pick Michigan, but OK is much better and they are going to win. Having a quick turnaround to get ready for Michigan's zone could be tough, but you know OK already has guys watching tape and breaking them down.

sweet 16:

1) UNC vs 4) Gongaga- I would love to pick Gonzaga here, I really would, but I just can't. UNC is too good, and by then Lawson should be healthy and playing. UNC wins.

6) ASU vs 2) OK- I am not sure on OK, but I do think they will win. Blake Griffen will help them make this run.

elite 8:

1) UNC vs 2) OK- I have some upset along the way but most regional finals have 1 vs 2, and all have number two in them, that is because I really feel those 8 are well ahead of everyone else. Everyone else can beat anyone else, but those top 8 are the best teams in the nation.. lets see if it holds up. UNC is too talented and experienced, this is why all those guys came back, they win and are going to the final four.


I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: